I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

10.06.2008

Waiting...

Today is my first day of class! It does feel a bit weird to be going back to school even though all I've had is a 5 month taste of the real world. I couldn't help but notice how young all the students looked while I walked across the UW campus. Maybe it also feels strange because this will never be my campus in the way that U of M and Ann Arbor will always be.

Class starts in another 20 minutes and I'm way way early. I just wanted to make sure I could find the room okay--it wasn't difficult, but parking will be an issue. I wish I could take the bus from Bellevue, but there is only so many art supplies I can carry. Lord knows I've paid my dues going up on the Bursley-Baits bus carrying projects made my dorm room. Fortunately, the meters aren't checked after 6:00.

Ooo, I think I hear people waiting outside the classroom. Wish me luck!

PS. I've giving myself Tuesdays as strict studios days, so get excited for more work being posted!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ahh, that's so exciting! I'm seriously jealous of your class! I'm sure you'll make the most of it and have fantastic things to show for it! Plus Tuesday studio days! I'm excited to see what you create!

The colors here really are beautiful! And this is only the beginning! Unfortunately the leaves are supposed to reach their pique coloration while I'm in Colombia, but I'm going to go through the park next weekend and see what they look like then. I'm curious to see what you've got out west!

I was just about to post about Colombia! Yay!

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home