I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

10.07.2008

This is Bellevue




This park, Bellevue's Downtown Park is one of my favorite public spaces. A giant 1/2-mile walkway encircles an open grass area with really great views of the city. There are always people walking or running along this path. It is a little eerie though because there's hardly anyone on the grass, like it's illegal or something, but overall, it's a great place. And there's a ton of public art too. Best of all, it's only 3 blocks from my house:












The best part of this art piece made of hollow doors is the viewfinder on each end. I didn't even realize it was there the first time I saw it and when I peered in today, the entire sculpture came together beautifully:











This is my bus stop I take into downtown Seattle:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in Seattle? Natalie is there and I try to visit every so often. If I am heading out there I will let you know - we should get together. Your artwork is incredible, Natalie and I love that park in Bellvue as well. Hope all is well - Jacqueline W

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home