I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

6.16.2008

Some graphic design projects

Here are the logos I put up on the Ranger Mike blog, as well as the first page from a brochure/poster I'm working on. The superintendents of Washington's parks are meeting with PBS next week to try and create some documentaries in our parks. There's a big Ken Burns miniseries coming out next year that we're trying to use the momentum/public attention to our advantage.

Anyway, the supers wanted a handout to pass along to PBS that highlights all of Washington State's park units and their notable highlights but it turns out that we don't have said brochure. So that assignment landed on my desk last week and this is what I've come up with thus far (draft 1). As always, I'd love feedback.

I'd also like to briefly mention that this is another example of the many hats I get to wear at this job. Not only do I play graphic designer, but I also had to research and write the content for this handout. I'm realizing how rare it will be to receive a word document of text, a file folder filled with great images, and the assignment to be strictly design layout. Maybe this is a good thing- more opportunities to develop my writing and editing skills and all. My only frustration is that writing and design seem to occupy two separate hemispheres and that the transition from one side to another takes a bit of time. And caffeine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home