I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

11.13.2006

This is Where I Live

I thought it was about time to post some photos of where I'm currently living: Guarantiguibougou, just south of the Niger River in Bamako. It's about a 2-vache and one hour ride back to Djoumanzana where we'd been living for most of the semester. It's a bit more urban and I love how close the supermarket and internet cafe are (I'm become such a regular at the internet cafe that I was given a t-shirt last Friday. No joke). Anyway:

This is what I see when I leave my bedroom each morning


The Living Room


A make-shift classroom on the roof of the house



Views from the roof, my new favorite place to relax





(Notice smoke? That's from burning garbage and it smells like burnt corn husks and irritates my nose in the evenings. Other than that, the sunsets are lovely).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your postings. It provides additional perspective on what we hear from Erica. I really enjoyed the tale of the haircut.
Dave Bowman

7:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home