I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.24.2006

My Guilty Pleasure

Okay, I’m going to admit it, I like to sing. But only in the car and only when I’m alone. It’s not that I have an awful voice but let’s just say I’ve never had any formal training since my voice deepened. I love being alone in a car in the middle of nowhere because there’s no such thing as being self-conscious. And after two solo cross-country road trips, I’d like to think that my voice has improved. At the very least, my vocal range has increased—I can hit notes in songs that I couldn’t last May. Karaoke bars, look out! Here comes the next American Idol. (sigh. I know my sisters are going to tease me relentlessly for this confession).

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

we share the same guilty pleasure!!! You realize that this means we have to road trip together.

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home