I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.24.2006

Best Time to Drive

By far, the best time to drive is between 6pm and 8pm. The light is gorgeous, bathing the landscape in a rich, warm glow. Shadows lengthen, deepen, and reveal contours you would have missed at high noon. The air has a cooler quality, perfect for driving with your arm out the window (admittedly, hard to do going 75 on the interstate). And of course, the traffic is less. Jazz and bluegrass fill my minivan and I’m perfectly content. I’m sure this light exists in the early morning too, but come’on, who wants to drive at 6am? Did we forget that I’m a college student? I don’t even know what 6am looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home