I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.24.2006

Mountains vs. The Plains

Despite living and working in the North Cascades for three summers, I think that I actually prefer the open landscapes to the dense mountains. Where I lived specifically was deep in a valley, where thickly forested mountain walls climbed to 7,000 feet above my house. As beautiful as it is, this place can actually be slightly claustrophobic and if you wanted wide 360-degree views, it was necessary to climb to the top of peaks. Driving across the desert and farmlands, the horizon was impossibly far away, a hazy line where blue sky blurs with yellow earth. And I felt calm, like it was easier on my eyes and mind. Well, at least until another car got in front of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home