I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.31.2006

Loose Ends

My life is like the contents of my luggage; strewn across the floor and disorganized. I'm currently in that pre-trip stage where there are a million tasks to be done and all you really want to do is just be finished and on the plane reading GQ. I've done everything from shopping at Costco to deflating soccer balls to freaking out about the fact that my airline tickets are still not here to watching my sister's first cross-country meet to filling out forms for two art exhibitions at school even though I'll be out of the country to planning next summer's art internships with my dad. But it will all come together, it always does.

Tomorrow I head off to Ann Arbor for three days of good-byes and last meals at favorite resturants. This coincides with Welcome Weekend, the last days before classes begin, and I can't wait. There should be good stories and photos to post after these next few days.

Until then, enjoy this lovely family picture we took before Amy left for college:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home