I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.14.2006

Emily Post says..



I just found this in my current summer reading, "Cross Country; Fifteen Years and Ninety Thousand Miles on the Roads and Interstates of America with Lewis and Clark, A Lot of Bad Motels, A Moving Van, Emily Post, Jack Kerouac, My Wife, My Mother-in-Law, Two Kids, and Enough Coffee to Kill and Elephant." I highly recommend this book if you've at all enjoyed my writings so far (author Robert Sullivan is a kindred soul in that we're both incredibly introspective and aware of the nuances of life. Or so I'd like to think). Anyway:

"It is your troubles on the road, your bad meals in queer places, your unexpected stops at people's houses; in short your misadventures that afterwards become your most treasured memories."
Emily Post (who, believe it or not, was a road tripper)

So true!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I could not agree more. I just got back from a random weekend adventure involving a 7 dollar a night hostal run by a man that seemed far too much like a woman and that included three very peculiar meals a day including, but not limited to: ham patte, hot dog soup, and a fruit spread that tasted like fruit roll ups...and I loved every minute of it :)
thinking of you down in the south...

I love your blog...

2:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home