I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.11.2006

How do you like dem oranges?



Well, I've put the final stitches in my seven oranges for Carrie and Andy's show. Currently, they're hardening under an electric fan (otherwise, they rot faster than they dry out). For the exhibition, I plan to suspend them from the ceiling (of course), in a linear path, 5 ft off the ground, 6 inches away from the wall, with a strip of cardboard painted light blue to act as a backdrop. Why do I like to hang my work mid-air? Unlike a pedestal, this really allows the visitor to view ALL sides of the object. Plus, given the spherical nature of the oranges, it should be reminiscent of our solar system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home