I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.09.2006

Notice the Lawn Maintenance Minimalism of the Seattle Mariners

I'm sure you are sick of me saying this, but I have never lived in a city with more perfect summer weather than Seattle. Despite a short heat wave in July, the majority of the summer months have been filled with clear blue skies, low humidity, and a high of, oh say, around 75 degrees. Jeans, flip flops, and t-shirt... life doesn't get much better.



Unless, of course, you do all that at a Mariner's Baseball game on a Wednesday afternoon. The last time I went to a pro baseball game was honestly when the Detroit Tigers were at their old stadium (shock!). Still, I quickly found myself comfortably cheering with the rest of the crowd. I was surprised how family oriented the game was (perhaps because of my exposure to college football and hockey crowds). And the views of the city skyline and Puget Sound from the stadium itself were absolutely gorgeous. Courtesy of my co-worker, Dave Williams, I couldn't have asked for a more fun Seattle summer day.



Oh yeah, we won, 2-0 against Tampa Bay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a wholistic comment, not just on the last blog. First, this is my first blog reading. I am so proud. I feel ready to reenter the school now. :)
Second, are all the photos yours? Wow!
I love the sewing! Love love the leaf configurations!
In regards to job....you go! The world steps aside for people who know where they are going. We need you! -SBarba

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home