I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

2.11.2007

Rapid Fire Blogging

I've got twenty minutes until my shift starts and a list of things to do longer than my evening will allow. But since I've been neglecting this blog for the past couple of days, I thought this would be one thing I would cross off my list (which is such a great feeling, isn't it?). So updates in my life...

Organicism:
Finished another sculpture this weekend. Tedious new technique that I figured out but I love falling into it's rhythms and motions. Would like to explore this further.



Assassins:
Finished the poster but just got a quasi-serious e-mail saying the nose of my assassin profile was too "ethnic," whatever that means. Time to work the photoshop magic. Will start the web design this week as well as a photo shoot this weekend.


Narrative Art:
Will upload my personality strip cartoons later. Currently researching fairy tales and myths from around the world. There are so many to choose from that I may do some sort of Dada exercise where I collage multiple stories together. We'll see how coherent that becomes but it's interesting to note all the parallels between these stories (for instance, most cultures have some sort of trickster figure: the coyote in the American SW, the rat in Polynesia, and the guinea pig in Peru).

Photography:
Have to re-light a "space" (as opposed to an "object" from our first assignment) and wanted to work with the Exhibit Museum of Natural History but don't feel like I have enough time to coordinate the logistics. So idea #2 is to photograph the stacks of the grad library...

Installation Art: currently in-between projects and I'm enjoying this well-deserved breather

Graphic Design: we're listening to the Brandenburg Concerto's and will be creating ways to document them visually. Obviously, I'm very very excited for this project.

Okay, that's it for now. Barista time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home