I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.07.2006

From there, I try to answer the question: what then is the role of the artist in a national park? And I discovered that it changes throughout time:

Native Americans, prior to white settlers, left behind pictographs in the mountains. While we might consider it artwork now, they created it for advertisement (i.e. good hunting at next river!). If you look closely, Bob, Wayne and Ione left behind some graffiti in 1946, but I’m curious if we’ll view it as art in another 500 years…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned in my art class aboutthe artist who does still life, the real thing. He's from like teh 60s or 70s or something, and he does the tourist couple, they have the tall white socks, printed t-shirts, camera, everything. This reminds me of that. And let me tell you, it's hilarious to study it when you are in a class with well-dressed, skinny, well-maintained, spanish university kids. I'll find out who the artist is.

I love your truth be told photo shoot, imagine what mine would have been like when we had throw-up ramen/potato mix in Arches...oh man...

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home