I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.16.2006

mmmmpodcasts.

A long, lazy day over here in Seattle. I may have left my house just once to go to Starbucks... other than that, just lounging around, half-heartedly preparing for my road trip home. Instead of practical things like, oh say, filling up my tires with air, I've been sitting in my room on the once-white-but-now-a-grayish-taupe carpet, filling my iPod with podcasts. What are podcasts you ask? They're like radio shorts for your mp3 player and they're absolutely brilliant, covering any and all topics in life. So in anticipation of those Great Plains states where the radio can cycle through without finding any signal, I'm relying on this stash to keep me entertained:

-Afropop Worldwide
-CBC's: C'est la vie: Word of the Week
-Learn French by Podcast
-Lonely Planet Travelcasts
-National Geographic World Talk
-NPR: All Songs Considered
-Road Trip USA
-The Onion Radio News
-UNICEF Podcast
-WGBH Classical Performance

Each are usually updated weekly and you can also download back episodes. So far, I have 1.1 days of podcasts. Keep in mind, mapquests predicts 36 hours of drive time from Newhalem, WA to Grosse Pointe MI.

Current Route: I-94 to the Upper peninsula, and then down 1-75. Chicago apparently has some construction. As usual.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

lazy days are often necessary...one of my favorite quotes -- "an artist needs time to do nothing but sit around and think and let ideas come to him" ~ gertrude stein...
and to answer your question, i'm currently just taking in my environment and still getting settled here, but i do have ideas floating around...also..a road is a fabulous idea :)
ohh...one question...how do you put actual titles on your posts?

8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home