I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

12.01.2006

Last thoughts?


I've only got 20 minutes left at this internet cafe and I'm trying to figure out how to explain what's going through my mind right now. My God, I'm leaving on Sunday! Sometimes, when there's a "cool" breeze and I'm watching the sunset with my classmates on the roof, my chest goes tight with nostalgia. But then, I could be walking down the street and getting sweaty and dirty and smelling the open sewers and I cannot wait for the comforts of home. Regardless of my emotions, one thing remains certain; time here is rapidly passing by and I’ll be on the plane in just another instant. It’s strange leaving because I do not know when I’ll be back and it will certainly never be the same again. Being in Paris by myself will be good for me. I’ll be able to explore art museums and enjoy really good restaurants and spend hours at a café, writing and processing these past few months. Actually, Erica and Kunal will be there as well and we can meet up and have our reverse-culture shock together. Ah life, always an adventure and I feel so fortunate for the opportunities I’ve had so far. Thanks everyone out there who have helped make this all possible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home