I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.01.2009

This Much I Know

I have just returned from a week of website training in Flagstaff, Arizona. I can now speak the programming language of the internet and have officially earned my geek stripes.

One of the aspects of travel I love most is the opportunity for personal reflection. When flying 20,000 ft above the earth, we’re afforded a rare perspective on “the big picture.” Mostly, about how tiny our lives are and just how many people share this planet together. It’s a humbling but necessary exercise to do from time to time.

On one of my flights between FLG to LAX to SEA to BLI, I jotted down some notes about future projects. This was my last big trip of the season and, believe it or not, I think I’ll be settling into some sort of routine for the rest of the month for the foreseeable future. Hence the planning. Planning can only really occur when there are more controls than variables in ones life.

I’m not going to fully explain how these relate to each other just yet, but hopefully these statements will reveal themselves in the future:

This much I know:
1. Anything worth is worth doing well.
2. I need to write more.
3. I need to practice reading aloud.
4. I need to practice reading my own work aloud.

So check back again soon and hopefully I’ll have updates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home