I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

1.14.2009

Overheard in the Elevator

Husband, to a friend: So we walked into this restaurant and we realized we were the only people there with round eyes!"

Wife: Yes, and so you know that means the food's good and authentic.

Me, realizing in my head: (Oh my God, they're talking about a Chinese restaurant. And instead of them saying it was filled with Chinese people, they pretty much said it was filled with slanty-eyed orientals).


Who still say's that stuff, seriously. Should I have turned around and said something?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm....insensitivity abounds, eh? I think I might have turned around to pointedly check out their round eyes, perhaps observing...yes, they are round, aren't they! If a gracious response, perhaps a lesson learned. If not, well, they can always get that surgically corrected!

cheers from...er...round eyed in Asia...like your work btw

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home