I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

8.16.2008

Office Olympics

A couple of weeks ago, my lunch-friends and I joked about hosting our own Office Olympics in conjunction with the Beijing summer games. No one really took it seriously but I did. And we all know what happens when Michael puts his mind to something- it gets done and it gets done with flair (and by flair, I mean I really did make buttons as prizes).


We hosted three events-- the Office Chair relay, where a blindfolded person pushed another in a wheeled-office chair, the latter giving directions...






The Crumpled Paper Ball Free-throw Contest--an basketball tournament styled shoot-off...






And the Cardboard Box Shuffle Footrace, which was probably the most dangerous of all the three.




Being that this occurred on government property, I did have to give a safety speech and provide adequate safety equipment. No one got hurt and even if someone did, I think the camaraderie and community would have been worth a skinned knee.

We're already talking about the Winter Olympics, but no one wants to wait 2 years...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

Regards,
Facts | Travels | Tours

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like a ton of fun! I will have to suggest some of these events to my fellow ROP employees.

5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course you would organize this! i love it

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home