I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

2.05.2008

Collaboration is Fun!

Part of the reason why I felt like I needed to step back from my work this past weekend stemmed from the fact that there was no longer any surprise in what I was doing. As I look at these pencil drawings, I can tell exactly what needs to happen between now and March 26, the date that everything is due. I can make a time line that tells me exactly what needs to happen each day. While this is honestly a very good position to be in, it's also not so much fun. The advice that I've been getting has consistently been about Balance.

One project that I've periodically been working on has been a collaboration with another illustrator, Micah Lidberg. While we've never met, he studied abroad with a classmate of mine. She found a lot of similarities between our work and general personalities and put us in touch with each other. He and I have started a fun project where I mail a drawing and he responds with a new one from which I then create a new work, etc, etc. Who knows how it'll turn out. It's totally low key, no pressure, and just fun.

I need more things like this in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Yay! Fun art, finally. Yay for you and Micah! Wooooooo!

I'm happy.

CRABS!

Angry laser eyed crabs that is.

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home