I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

1.17.2008

Latest Thoughts

So, following a very useful critique by another professor last week, I stepped back to the drawing board. Rather than complete one finished drawing a week--going from research to concept sketch to pencil drawing to inking to watercolor in 7 days-- I'm going to work through the exhibition in stages, ie do all the pencil drawings first and then move on to inking. This is a little intimidating because I no longer feel like I have any completed illustrations for the final exhibition. In the end though, I think this will to create a cohesive body of work.

Here are the fruits of my labor this past weekend. I logged in 11 hrs of studio time on Saturday, bringing the week's total to 39 hrs. This is almost like a full time job! I just hope it'll bring in some income or a job at some point in the future.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

11:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home