I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

11.10.2008

Ebey's Landing Bird Checklist

Here's a "little" project I've been working on for the past couple of months. You would not believe all the data I had to crunch for this. Basically, this let's you know when to expect over 175 birds at Ebey's Landing National Historic Reserve, and in what abundance. As detail oriented as I am, I'm still terrified that I skewed some data. I need to take a few days off and re-examine it with a fine toothed comb and a pot of coffee. Sigh. This is when I wish I had an intern to be an extra pair of eyes for me. Someday...


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! This is some crazy data! I don't know that I could have survived that much number crunching!

I don't know that I feel like I've transitioned into "post-school" life again. Returning from Colombia definitely made me thankful I live where I do though. I get a bit restless sometimes still being in such a small town, but after being in Bogota, I'm thankful I didn't decide to move to a big city. The small town thing is just so much more relaxing and less frustrating for me. What are your thoughts since you're in a more city type of area?

Unfortunately, with my job I don't get much time off for christmas. I'm actually flying home on Christmas eve and only sticking around for about 3 or 4 days, so I won't be able to head to Ann Arbor. I am getting a chance to visit this weekend though. I'm taking 4 days and visiting my parents and then spending Saturday in Ann Arbor, so that should be nice. Weird, but nice!

5:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home