I found that some of life's greatest revelations can discovered on the open road with nothing more than an evening breeze, jazz on the radio, and a 5lb bag of gummi bears. I've also learned that I'll always have more questions than answers (and that's okay!). May this be a written and visual documentation of this crazy journey we call life.

7.20.2006

First impressions... there's only one.

While I often feel the need to be witty all the time, I think it's more important to be honest with oneself. I hope I can maintain this attitude throughout the blog.

Here's my status: I just finished my second year at the School of Art and Design at the University of Michigan (after spending one year as an environmental science major). I'm working as a ranger for the third consecutive summer at North Cascades National Park, but also living in Seattle during the week pursuing various art projects. And in September I'll be embarking on a three-month study abroad program in Mali, Africa. Followed by Paris for a weeklong layover. After that, who knows? I used to have my whole life planned out, but have since stopped living in the future. Today is busy enough. (though current whisperings in my head hint of a summer 2007 internship at a major art museum)

I'd like to believe that I lead an interesting life.

I'm sitting here, trying to figure out what to write, what exactly to include. As anyone who's ever received a "Mike Liang E-Mail" knows, brevity is not my forte. It seems somewhat jarring to just start out of the blue, with no prior background to explain how I've come to arrive at this point in my life. But maybe that's a good thing. Perhaps I should just consider this to be a liberating fresh start. Okay, here I go...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weee!!!!

6:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home